Re: NEA Members Can Get Refunds

John Harrell <johnbharrell@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bush's Executive Order 13201: EVERY NEA member is due a
refund
> for that part of the NEA revenues used for anything but collective
> bargaining, legal representation, or administration... things like
> political donations. IIRC, that adds up to about one-fourth of the
> expenditures last year, so every member is due a 25% refund for
> last year alone.
>
> I am aware of one person that will receive a $122 refund.

"NOTICE: On January 2, 2002, the Federal district court for the
District of Columbia issued a decision in UAW-Labor Employment
& Training Corp. v. Chao, holding that Executive Order 13201 is
invalid because it conflicts with the National Labor Relations Act.
Executive Order 13201, the Beck posting Order, requires
Government contractors to post notices informing employees of
their rights not to join a union or pay certain union fees. The court
permanently enjoined the Department of Labor from implementing
and enforcing Executive Order 13201. The Department is
considering options for responding to the decision."

see http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/olms/eo13201.htm
see also http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/olms/eo13201.htm
see also http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/01-00950.pdf

Just the facts.