Re: The "Market" and schools

I was struck by the Rev. Wilson's implied desire that market forces can be a solution to the educational system. Does this mean the market, as a system of function in social affairs, is acceptable? Does this mean he is agreeing that we can put our trust in market forces to direct our society? I can see this as a reflection of conservative beliefs, and I agree that the market as an economic system has a wisdom(success?) no controlled economy has ever matched. I suspect the liberals distrust of the market as a system for social function is a reflection of the lack of a sense of "fairness". And the conservatives (although George W. promises us there is a compassionate vein) are more comfortable with this "unfairness". Kind of back to Gingerich's personal responsibility and consequences for actions. But I don't want to wander into the question of what system will solve all our problems...I still have to get to church this morning.
Instead, I want to ask the Rev. D. Wilson, about his apparent trust in the market as a system for human social function, and my assumed understanding that he distrusts the system of natural selection to reflect the existence of species.
That's the nut. How can one put a trust in the greater wisdom of market forces to come up with "answers" to our human condition and not put a trust in natural selection to direct the flow of energy through life forms.
It seems logically inconsistent.
Thank you.
Dan Schmidt