Re: gasoline prices 1949-1999

> Susan wrote:
>
> For those who engage in the price of gasoline
> discussions, you may be interested in the attached .jpg
> file that charts the prices at the pump from 1949-1999.

Interesting. I have no reason to doubt the data, but I
would point out that the presentation is flawed. When you
truncate the graph (don't include the range from 0 to $1
at the bottom) you make it look like the present price is
almost nothing and like the ups and downs were more
significant than they really were.

Don Coombs

Back to TOC