Tom Trail's revelations

The Daily News today (1/19) on page 12A included an article about the
mean-spirited and anti-democratic tactics used by the Republican
majority in the Idaho Legislature.  Alternative spending proposals by
Tom Trail and Gary Schroeder were ignored and meetings that are designed
to be discourse and debate were summarily adjourned.
    Trail called it "very undemocratic" and "high-handed politics."
    I call it another example of the abuse of power by the Republicans
who have a stranglehold on this state.
    I do have two questions:
    one, for Trail and Schoeder: one of the reasons you gave us to elect
you was that, as Republicans in a Republican state, you would have more
impact for your constituents than a Democrat.  Is that really true?
    one, for Rep. Gary Young: Where do you stand on this?  Do you stand
with Trail and Schroeder?  Will we hear some expression of indignation
from you as well?
BL

Back to TOC