wildlife initiative

T-
Thank you for your willingness to go out front on the tax rescinding issue.
While I find myself agreeing with you much of the time, a report from today's
Tribune worries me.  You are cited as a future sponsor of what is termed an
"anti-animal rights" law, making it impossible for citizens to change Idaho's
fish/game regulations.
    I really hope you rethink this position.  Consider the politicized nature
of the Idaho Fish and Game Department.  This is not the model professional
organization it used to be.  The department is dominated now by those who do
not take a professional habitat based view of wildlife, value game way above
other species, and are lax on enforcement of basic rules.
    As this situation develops, it may well become necessary for the citizens
to step in and control the department.
    Please do not throw huge roadblocks in the way.
    BL

Back to TOC