Re: FW:

This appears to be a new version of the "The Taliban's War on
Women" Internet chain letter. [See  http://urbanlegends.about.com/
library/blafghan.htm?once=true&terms=taliban].

News reports circa June 27, 2001 indicate that the Taliban
government abandoned this proposal. [See, e.g.,
http://www.afghansnet.com/news/allnews/article_2001_06_27_1016
.html]

The compromise (required identification cards) does not seem
much better, but adding your name to this chain letter probably
won't help their plight.

Philip Cook