Internet or mail order purchasing

In regards to the local businesses competing with internet business....

Idahoans are supposed to pay "use tax" on internet or mail order purchasing.
(Its 5% just like the sales tax, but you pay the state directly instead of
your vendor.)  Here is a link to the Idaho State Tax Commission's page for
more info. http://www2.state.id.us/tax/questions.htm

You can pay use tax when you send in your Idaho Income Tax forms... there is
a line "Sales/Use Tax due"  I don't know how much the state enforces this
for individuals, but I do know that Idaho is doing use tax audits for
businesses throughout the state..

-Margaret Howe

Back to TOC