Mall Tree-owners?

Who owns the land?  University of Idaho? Who owns the University of Idaho?  Perhaps I have this wrong, but it seems to me, the people of Moscow could have influence on the use of this land  as landowners (therefore treeowners).  Did I get a piece of this wrong?.  If so, feel free to correct my thinking on this.  Is this a matter for us to bring to the attention of our state level representatives?
Cheers,
Jennifer

Kenton Bird wrote:

Message from Bill London:
Due to technical problems at my computer, I can
not post this directly, so have asked Kenton to do so.

        Again I am writing to thank Erin Walter (Lewiston Morning
Tribune reporter) for her coverage of an important community issue that
surfaced first on Vision 2020.  This morning (Tuesday 5/23), on the
front page, the Tribune carried her story on the UI/Palouse Mall plan to
cut the trees in front of the mall.
        The meeting regarding the trees (Moscow Planning and Zoning plus
Moscow
Tree Committee) is scheduled for Wed night at 7:30 pm at the council
chambers.  As I understand it, no public input will be allowed, but a
public presence may encourage more responsible behavior and a
recognition that these trees are valued by the community.
        This meeting is growing in importance since the UI and the Mall
have
reached agreement on a final plan to cut the trees and bushes there.
                BL

Back to TOC