Place Names and residents Thereof

Actually, I like Moscowans but Muscovites has appeal, too.  Somebody else settle this while I deal with other significant issues.

I'm currently reading the Tony Horowitz book, Confederates in the Attic, which I am finding fascinating.  In one chapter he describes the battlefield at Shiloh and refers to a point on the Tennessee River as Pittsburg Landing.  Does anyone have any idea as to the origin of the name, Pittsburg Landing, on the Snake River?  Could it have come from this site?  Or is there a better explanation?

Sue

Back to TOC