Re: Recycled Glass Update

Robert:

Thanks for the feedback.  There have been some pilot projects involving
crushed glass in road projects, however, problems exist with regard to the
paper labels looking like litter on the road surface.  As a result, not much
is happening with regard to using crushed glass in asphalt.  There are
possibilities of using crushed glass as bridge and road fill, but this
requires a very expensive high output glass crusher which we do not have.  We
would also need to petition our county highway district and local road
department to include specs in their ordinances which would allow crushed
glass to be used for this purpose.  Currently, no such specs exist.  The
Health and Environment Commission has discussed this issue and hopes to
research the potential of using crushed glass as bridge and road fill in the
future.

Relene

Robert Hoffmann wrote:

> I understand that crushed glass can be used in asphalt.  Since we have a
> major paving process scheduled (widening hiway 95 from Moscow to Genesee),
> might this be a possible use for the glass?  The cities of Moscow and
> Pullman also pave streets, so maybe they could use the glass in their
> paving projects.
>
> Bob Hoffmann                         229 East C St., Suite B
> Alt-Escape Adventures                Moscow, ID  83843  USA
> http://www.alt-escape.com            Phone: (208) 883-0642
>                                      Fax: 1-800-683-3799

Back to TOC