message reception

does anyone else have a problem with receiving a reply to a message BEFORE the
message is received?  i find it distracting at the least, and it's particularly
frustrating to respond when it's already been done.  for example, i suggested
on tuesday (after I had collected what i thought was all my email) that Chief
Weaver might respond about the cat situation.  after i sent the message the
chief's posting of the day before came through to me.  is it just my server, or
is anyone else having this problem?
if you could respond to me individually, it won't clutter up the list and i
will report back if this appears to be a more general problem than just mine.
thanks

Mike Curley
curley@turbonet.com
208-882-3536