Re: thistles

I'm not an expert on "weed" law, but thistles are classified as a noxious
weed under Idaho state law.  The state, county, and landowners share
various responsibilities for controlling noxious weeds. (Learn all about
it at www.agri.state.id.us/isda/animal/weedintro.htm.)

I would imagine that state law would supersede city ordinance in this
case.

Perhaps we should provide a hero's welcome to the weed puller upon her
return to the state ;-)

Philip Cook

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Lois Melina wrote:

> Re: Moscow citizen who brazenly and publicly admitted violating city
> ordinance by pulling thistles from city property where they were growing in
> violation of city and county ordinances:
>
> My understanding is that this citizen has fled the state.
> Lois Melina
> Editor, "Adopted Child" newsletter
> P.O. Box 9362
> Moscow ID 83843