FW: Serial Cat Killer

This is a copy and reply of a message that I sent to the following
newsgroup. I feel that you should know.
(A copy of this message has also been posted to the following newsgroups:
rec.pets.cats.rescue)

>I live in Moscow, Idaho and work at the local library. Lately (since school
has let out) there have been cat atrocities. Someone(s) have been cutting
cats in
>half and leaving parts of them around the town. They take the organs out
and
>leave the bodies clean.
>    There have been only two articles in the local paper and the police
>don't seem to be doing anything. The reason why I am writing this is
because
>today about fifteen minutes before we closed(5:45) a patron came in and
told
>us that we had half of a cat laying right in front of our sign out on the
>lawn. I called the police and the local animal shelter. While I was doing
>this a coworker was covering up the cat so that no more children would see.
>Because that is who found the cat.The police came and took pictures, but
>they only said that they really couldn't do anything and that it was the
>fourth one in a short period of time. By placing the cat right in front of
our sign
>it was a blatent gesture to authority. There have been signs posted all
>around town saying that there is a $3000 award for turning in the person
who
>did this or for information leading to the arrest. Someone has been taking
>down those sign and tearing them up.
>    I am sorry that this is so jumbled. I am really upset. Then I went to
>the local paper where my husband works and told a reporter about what we
had
>found. He totally blew me off. He said yes we heard it on the police
>scanner. Then he just ignored me. All he wanted me to do was write down my
>name and phone number. That was it!!!!  He did not care to have any
details.

>    Does anyone know what I should do to help get people to recognize this
>as a problem. Not only is this awful for the Kitties. But, this will
>undoubtedly lead to humans. The next step after animals who are helpless
are
>children.
>   Can anyone help?
>
>Please email me at
>
>cumming@idaho.tds.net

Something very similar is happening in the Almaden Valley area of San
Jose, CA. Someone is mutilating cats (only the friendly, easy-to-catch
ones) in an eerily similar way and leaving them on the lawns of the
owners. So far, there have been 8 such slaughters locally since Memorial
Day.

The latest story on it is at
<http://www.mercurycenter.com/premium/local/docs/reward23.htm>. Check out
the previous days listings for additional information.

Leaving the carcass(es) in public places--especially near the animals'
homes--suggests very sick minds at work here, with more than just an
intent to hurt animals.

It seems to be happening a lot all over the country, and I feel compelled
to point out yet again that the whole thing started after school let out.
All pet owners, particularly of cats, should stay alert. Wherever they
live. If you happen to see one of these pathetic bipeds at work, remember
that they have very sharp instruments in their possession.

--
Remove DRAT in reply to that

Back to TOC