Re: Speed Limits

>30-35 MPH is the most efficient maximum speed for urban traffic flow. It
>yields the best roadway capacity because at speeds above that, to avoid
>colliding, cars have to be spaced further apart, thus taking up more
>roadway.

Personally, I think this collision think is more theoretical than practical.
I don't see a whole lot of drivers creating safe intervals for themselves, or
honoring the interval that another has created for himself.    : )

The jackasses that speed are quite possibly the same ones that tailgate.

E. O'Daniel

Back to TOC