Response to Aryan march (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:35:05 PST
From: Joann Muneta/Michelle Ward <Jmuneta@novell.uidaho.edu>
To: arose@uidaho.edu, tmoore@uidaho.edu, stanleyt@moscow.com,
     trevisan@mail.wsu.edu, donaw@uidaho.edu, mhamilto@vetmed.wsu.edu,
     dianep@uidaho.edu, jujohnso@uidaho.edu, ngier@uidaho.edu,
     mvoxman@uidaho.edu, bpitman@uidaho.edu, calvert@uidaho.edu,
     gbridges@uidaho.edu, jwest@uidaho.edu, vphg@uidaho.edu, gleanne@uidaho.edu,
     gyuan@uidaho.edu, ebrandt@uidaho.edu, jolson@uidaho.edu, irinac@uidaho.edu,
     tabraham@uidaho.edu, lpall@moscow.com, dac@moscow.com, dano@uidaho.edu,
     ppalmer@moscow.com, dstiller@novell.uidaho.edu, uuchurch@moscow.com,
     shirl208@aol.com, clifa@uidaho.edu, leoames@moscow.com, ppalmer@moscow.com,
     smith633@uidaho.edu, betsy@uidaho.edu, elleng@mail.wsu.edu,
     lauragep@aol.com, gephartl@mail.wsu.edu, forda@mail.wsu.edu
Subject: Response to Aryan march

Dear Members and Other Interested Parties,

At the Task Force meeting last Saturday, it was decided to sponsor an
event here in Moscow to show our opposition to Neo-Nazi activities in
Coeur d'Alene and elsewhere.

On Saturday, July 10 in Friendship Square at the Farmer's Market we
will hold Remembering Anne Frank, which will be a kick-off of a drive
to raise funds to help build the nation's only Anne Frank Human
Rights Memorial which will be located in Boise. Our goal is to raise
at least $ 1,500, which will enable us to have a plaque on a seat as
part of the memorial.

In the square we will have flyers about Anne Frank for people to
write messages on, and paper dolls for children to dress and
decorate. These will be hung in the square as we did last year with
the hands against hate.

Any of you who have the time to come and help would be welcome and
appreciated - especially the time slot from 10 to 12.

Call me if you have any questions.

Re the neo-nazi march - it is not clear whether it will in fact take
place - but opposition people will gather at 5th and Front at 9am in
Coeur d'Alene to be ready in case there is a march. At 11 am the
Kootenai County Human Rights Task Force is having a human
rights rally with music and speeches at the North Idaho College.

I think those who are planning to go to Coeur d'Alene should know
that last week the police did nothing to stop violence by Butler's
group.

I will e-mail with updates as they occur.

I hope everyone will want to do something in opposition to those who
would spread hate.

Cheers
Joann

Back to TOC