The Beach

OK, it's clear that many of us in the community object to a local business
promoting the concept that our teenagers should get their entertainment by
watching their classmates strut around in bikinis, (perhaps hoping one of
them is aware that Moscow has no ordinance against going topless.)

What do we do? As individuals, we can talk to our teenagers about whether
this is an acceptable activity for them on Friday night. But what can we as
a community do?

As it happens, the Parents Advisory Committee at the high school is meeting
at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow morning at the high school. I will be happy to take
any suggestions to that meeting. This is the same group that tried
(successfully) to raise community awareness of the "senior kegger" last May.

Lois Melina
Lois Melina
Editor, "Adopted Child" newsletter
P.O. Box 9362