vision2020@moscow.com: Re: electronic newspaper

Re: electronic newspaper

Bill London (london@wsunix.wsu.edu)
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 06:22:48 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to second those thankful comments. FSR has been very helpful in
the past (the gift of internet access and the display of the entries,
both during our recent photo contest, are prime examples). And it sounds
like FSR is willing to be equally helpful in the future. This sounds
like a great topic for a next 2020 meeting. I sure am pleased with the
discussion so far......BL

On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Steve Cooke wrote:

> Dear John,
> Thank you for your offer. We've taken our 'first step' to a MV2020
> homepage.
> Steve Cooke
>
> Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:53:22 +0800
> From: johnt@fsr.com (John Teeter)
> To: SCOOKE@marvin.csrv.uidaho.edu
> Cc: vision2020@uidaho.edu
> Subject: Re: electronic newspaper
>
> if you want one, you can have a home for it with us....Having worked
> with LMT in their endevor, their direction is right. I think having
> associated and more focused local (moscow/pullman) content available
> is appropriate. At the very least, it would be nice to make the archives
> of the v2020 list serve available in html for review through a browser,
> but much more could be done.
>
> as a mostly a-political type, I've lurked through most of the v2020
> discussions, but have found them interesting and reflective of the
> palouse spirit I first knew in the early 70's. I'm not certain that
> there's a full cross section of comment, but broader exposure would
> help that.
>
> johnt
>
> > Dear Visionaries, I just looked at the Lewiston Morning Tribune
> > homepage (http://www.lmtribune.com). It occured to me that LMT
> > is already structured to proved an electronic alternative to the
> > Moscow & Pullman newspaper subscribers with internet access.
> > LMT has the form, now they need the content. Perhaps, LMT would
> > be open to the possibility of linking to a MV2020 homepage that
> > would provide news and views on local events. With or without
> > the LMT, a MV2020 homepage could become an electronic public
> > affairs forum for Moscow & Pullman. Is MV2020 ready for a
> > homepage? Still testing the wind, Steve Cooke
>
> > p.s. regarding a "Coalition for a Better Newpaper," I would
> > recall the motto of the Christophers (A religious TV show on in
> > the 50-60s): "It is better to light a single candle than to
> > curse the darkness."

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet