vision2020@moscow.com: Re: Linear Park Landscape Architect

Re: Linear Park Landscape Architect

Haglund Bruce (bhaglund@osprey.csrv.uidaho.edu)
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 09:09:52 -0700 (PDT)

Susan,
You're right as rain--the suggested wage is right out of school,
prelicense kinda money. It would take great altruism for a professional
LA to accept such wages. Also, usually design is done on a commission
basis rather than as a wage earner. . .Larry Hodge should know this,
probably wasn't consulted?
Bruce

On Mon, 25 Sep 1995, Palmer Susan wrote:

> Visionaries,
>
> Perhaps I am out of touch with professional wage and salary
> structures, but I was appalled to read the classified soliciting
> applicants for planner of Moscow's Linear Park. I was hopeful that
> the city was serious about its commitment to a quality linear park.
> However, a wage of $8.00-$10.00 at half time invites less seasoned
> and less experienced applicants in my eyes. Or should I be so surprised?
> Maybe landscape architects are accustomed to this.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Susan
> *---------------------------------------------------------------------*
> | |
> | Susan Palmer Education Programming |
> | Phone: 208-885-6616 Coordinator |
> | FAX: 208-885-9494 Women's Center |
> | E-mail: susanp@osprey.csrv.uidaho.edu University of Idaho |
> | Alias: Auntie Nuke Moscow, Idaho 83844-1064 |
> | |
> | "People convinced against their will, hold the same opinion still" |
> | |

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet